EID: Outfit of the day! And a bit of a ramble.

Helloooooo my lovelies!

This week has been absolute manic for me. For those of you that follow me on Twitter will probably know why!

Basically, I ordered my Eid clothes this week on Tuesday from Rupali, and opted for next day delivery as it could have been Eid on Thursday or Friday (It all depends on the new moon, if the moon came out on Wednesday, it would be Eid on Thursday). Anyway, whilst at work, I checked the status of my delivery, it said they attempted to deliver the clothes but no one was in so they returned it to the depot. So straight after work, I went to the depot to collect it. To my horror, the young lad at the depot said it was dropped off at ANOTHER depot and that depot is now shut!!

At the same time, my husband told me it was Eid t'moro! I totally freaked!! I got the bus to curry mile on Wilmslow Road and went into countless number of clothes stores to buy a backup outfit!

Then i got a call of mother dear telling me it's Eid on Friday and that the whole eid on Thursday thing was a hoax. Haha!

I thought everything was going to be okay after that. But the next day on Thursday, I got my outfit, but to my surprise, they sent the wrong colour!!! the colour they sent was this VILE green colour. I was so freaking pissed off! I then caught the next train to Bolton to get to one of Rupalis stores to exchange it for the colour I wanted, but surprise surprise, they didn't have any!!

My husband then rang their customer service line and ordered yet another sari and told them to send the right colour this time. It is pushing it a bit considering I would be recieving my clothes on the actual Eid day, haha! but yes, I finally got the right outfit on Eid.

PHEW.

Oh.what.a.day.

Anyhoos, when I recieved my outfit, it was love at first sight. But was confused as to how I should wear it. Yep, I bought a sari. And I'd never wore one in my entire life. Why do I do this to myself? Haha. Thank god for youtube "how to" videos! :b

OUTFIT
 
So yeah, lo' and behold, here it is!:

Photobucket

I heart it. Too much. The turquoise colour is SO ME. It has been my favourite colour since like forevaar. My sisters reckon Rupali is the Indian Primark as it's quite cheap and they use cheap material. But meh, I like it! :D
 
ACCESSORIES
 
I didn't bother going for typical Indian jewellery. I wanted to wear a full on Indian outfit but with my kinda accessories to add a bit of a Halima twist to it.

Photobucket

I bought this ring from Galibardy. It is just simply beautiful and truly a unique piece of jewellery.

Photobucket

I also sported my brand spanking new ToyWatch. And yep, it's in turquoise. I've found that ToyWatches are like Marmite. You either love them or hate them. In my case, I totally love it. It does have a cheap feel to it, but hey, it is a ToyWatch after all. :b

I also had a few faux gold bangles on, but meh, they're not THAT special. For reference, they were from none other than Topshop. :)


HAPPY MOMENT

Photobucket

Mother and I. Having a larrf. this is such a timeless picture that I had to put it into black & white. Love you, mummy!

All in all, it was a splendid day. We ate, ate, and ate. And that pretty much sums up the day. I'm certain that all the weight I lost during Ramadhan, I put it all back on Eid. :D


For now, I will leave you with these sweet kebabs made by my two nieces. Enjoy! :)

Photobucket

 Halima
You have read this article Asian Fashion / Galibardy / Jewellery / OOTD / Outfits / Rupali with the title EID: Outfit of the day! And a bit of a ramble.. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2010/09/eid-outfit-of-day-and-bit-of-ramble.html. Thanks!

No comment for "EID: Outfit of the day! And a bit of a ramble."

Post a Comment