book it

I've always loved to read. When I was younger, while my sisters were running and playing and doing normal kid things, I was inside with my nerdy head stuck in Harriet the Spy or Matilda or a Little House book. But one sad side effect of law school is that it made me read for fun a lot less. I mean, who wants to sit down with a novel after reading 50 pages of civil procedure or constitutional law or the tax code? Not me.

But with a shiny new Nook and lots of more free time, I'm happy to say that I've been reading a lot more. In fact, this weekend turned out to be a bit of a flashback for me - instead of barbecuing or going to the beach, I spent much of Memorial weekend inside with my Nook. And since I fell head over heels in love with the book I just finished, I thought I would share it, as well as a few of my other recent favorites.
ps: are you my friend on Goodreads? if not, you should be!

 Loved, loved, loved this book. Beautifully written and tragically sad. I didn't want it to end.

If you love to cook and/or eat (and even if you don't), you'll love this book.

This charming little story made me want to run away and live on the English coast.

A funny, touching story of family and loss.

Have you read anything good lately?
You have read this article too much free time / words with the title book it. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-it.html. Thanks!

No comment for "book it"

Post a Comment