Avocado Pasta

Last night, an interfriend tweeted about the relative price of avocados depending on where you buy them - specifically, that they're crazy cheap (and delicious) in California and ridiculously expensive here in the Midwest. To which I say: NOT FAIR

So if any of you are reading this from California (OFFLS, I'm looking at you), you need to make this right now. It's super easy, full of healthy fats, and it is DELICIOUS. 

Avocado Pasta
adapted from oh she glows

1 ripe avocado
juice of 1 small lemon
garlic to taste (I used 3 cloves)
small handful fresh basil (I used thai basil, but any will do)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil, plus more if necessary
1/4 c. frozen peas
the 2 green beans that your garden has managed to produce (oh, is that just me?)
pasta
parmesan or other Italian cheese
    Cook your pasta of choice with the peas and beans. While that is cooking, put everything else into a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula and adding more olive oil if necessary. Drain the pasta and toss with the avocado mixture. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and ground pepper. Eat and enjoy!


    I always take blog photos with a ladylike amount of food in my giant bowls, and then heap much more on once I've taken a good picture. and then I usually go back for more. please don't judge me.
    You have read this article living healthy / recipes with the title Avocado Pasta. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2011/07/avocado-pasta.html. Thanks!

    No comment for "Avocado Pasta"

    Post a Comment