FACE: Illamasqua Growl Lipstick

I love bright lipsticks.

However, the other day I was walking through the Selfridges Beauty hall and had an MUA from the Illamasqua beauty counter stop me and say she had the perfect lipstick to go with my hair. I was taken aback at first, but also intrigued so I went along with it. We all know that Illamasqua tend to be a bit 'Avant Garde' so I was a little afraid she would be smearing on a bright green lipstick.

When I looked in the mirror though, I was shocked.

She applied a very deep, dark lipstick on me. And I liked it. No, I loved it.

The reflection of my lips 'Growled' back at me!

DSC_4606

It's a really deep oxblood colour, think burgundy with a hint of plum. Illamasqua describe it as a 'rich mahogony brown'. And they are so right. It's Vampire-ish and ever so theatrical! I don't usually wear darker lipsticks, mostly because they just look so boring. This lipstick has changed my outlook on that, and next time I'm out shopping I won't be quite so dismissive.
Pairing this lipstick with smokey eyes gives a mysterious, seductive look. But in this case, in photos below, I've kept my eyes neutral to let the lipstick take all the glory.

DSC_4279

It's opaque and the pigment is quite intense. As it's a matt shade, it's a little on the dry side but will last hours on the lips! I made the mistake of not exfoliating or applying lip balm. After application, I noticed that it accentuated the flakes on my lips. GROSS. Lesson learnt!

DSC_4179 

In natural light

 DSC_4324 
 DSC_4312 

 At night

Products used:

FACE:
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in No 12 (equivelent to MAC NC40 - NC42) 
MAC Prep and Prime Loose Face Powder

CHEEKS:
MeMeMe Blush Me - Coral 
Sleek Contour Kit in Medium 

EYES:
NARS Night Series Eyeshadow in Night Star (lid & inner corner highlight)
Clinique Brush On Cream Liner in True Black
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Industry (lower lash line)
L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black

LIPS:
 Illamasqua Lipstick in Growl - obvs! 

I own faar too many lipsticks which makes me both happy and sad at the same time. However, this was a complete guilt free purchase as I don't own a lipstick in such a shade ;) 

I'm also kinda lemming towards their Apocalips, which is a pure teal colour. The look of it frightens me a bit but who knows, daring Halima may come out to play soon...

Also, on my Instagram post on Wednesday, I received a comment regarding my lip piercings. I won't go into the specifics of what was said, but let's just say it was a religious-type person slating me for the way I look. These kind of comments are a bit tedious, I mean what do these people think they're actually going to achieve? My message for them? Simple:
6 
 Have a great weekend! And tell me all about your tales of products you thought you'd hate but actually love! 

 Halima
You have read this article EOTD / FOTD / illamasqua / Lipsticks / Make Up with the title FACE: Illamasqua Growl Lipstick. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2013/04/face-illamasqua-growl-lipstick.html. Thanks!

No comment for "FACE: Illamasqua Growl Lipstick"

Post a Comment