The Necklace So Good I Wore it on My Head


By now you should all be fully aware of my love for a bit of bling. Recently I've ventured into the world of Matha Pattis, having seen them at weddings all of my life. But only now I actually appreciate  how gorgeous they are!

At the moment I'm at a stage of my life where I'm really feeling the whole 'fusion' idea, mixing east with west. It reflects who I am. I am a product of various influences: my roots and where I grew up.

I digress!

I've already posted a couple of photos embracing the wondrous and mythical Matha Patti, and they truly are wondrous. But you know me, always trying to push the limit. I was having a wee look around Zara when I spotted this beautiful necklace. At first I imagined it around my neck: 'Which dress would this go best with?' I thought.

But then, my mind went all walkabout. What if I put it on my head? It'd look pretty awesome as a Matha Patti! This might not be news to some of you, but to me this idea seemed like genius! 
DSC_9661 DSC_9666
DSC_9020_effected 

I parted my fringe to the side and put the headpiece right on!

 DSC_9043

Since I'd never tried to wear a big, clunky, heavy necklace on my head before, putting it on for the first time was more than just a little troublesome. Eventually though I figured it out, even summoning the courage to wear it out to dinner! During the evening I was asked: 'Where did you get that gorgeous head-piece from?' WINNING!

Next time you fancy mixing things up in the accessory department, remember: just because it says it's a necklace, it doesn't mean that's all it can ever be.. So be bold, pick out that old necklace you used to love, plonk it on your head and see what happens. You never know, it might just work!

I feel that at this point I should mention ma belle couturière Française (my lovely French seamstress). She has totally inspired me to look at fashion in a whole new light. Suddenly the piles of old clothes I have, past their sell-by date, look more like opportunities to create new things as opposed to a waste of space. She really hates the very idea of 'disposable fashion' and thinks that our old clothes can be fused into something new and unique.

 Have you ever done anything crazy with your accessories? Breathed new life into your old clothes? If so, tell me all about it!

 Halima
You have read this article DIY / Hair Jewellery / Jewellery / Matha Patti / Zara with the title The Necklace So Good I Wore it on My Head. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-necklace-so-good-i-wore-it-on-my.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Necklace So Good I Wore it on My Head"

Post a Comment