An Ensemble Piece

As I was flimming through the Sept. Vanity Fair, I came upon the new Moschino ad, shot by Peter Lindbergh, featuring all Asian models, which is a rare occurance in the American fashion circuit. Usually I see ads depicting a Hye Park or Du Juan in the corner sharing facetime with a gaggle of Gemmas and Darias (ex: Cavalli, YSL, LV, Fall06) so this is new. Anyway, alls I wants to say is the messy bobs and sickly sweet babydoll-ness of the garments reminds me of the women-spies in those 70's chinese exploitation spy films my father watches. (He had a thing for asian women assassins and killing machines in cheongsam dresses. And blaxploitation Foxxy Brown films. In short, anything related to 70's exploitation films.) TMI, but it's true haha. And the morbidly fascinating Daul Kim is featured on the ladder, which I like.


Models: Daul Kim, Emma Pei, girl who's name I don't know, Eugenia Mandzhieva, Ai Tominaga, Tao Okamoto
photo: asian models blog
You have read this article Ads / Daul Kim / modelsmodelsmodels / useless teresa things with the title An Ensemble Piece. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2007/08/an-ensemble-piece.html. Thanks!

No comment for "An Ensemble Piece"

Post a Comment