Whiteheads, be gone!

Hello my little pineapple chunks!

I am officially back! Firstly, I've got my photos back (Gave in to photobucket and paid the buggers for a pro account, meh) and I've got my laptop fixed. Wo0t!

Moving on!

Any of you suffer from whiteheads? I do. I had a serious outbreak of them on both my cheeks.

I cleansed, I exfoliated, I steamed, I swear, nothing worked. It didn't look so bad when I didn't have foundation on. But once I applied my usual foundation, you could see the bumps. Which really started to get on my t*ts.

So last week I paid my lovely doctor a visit. And believe me, he is lovely. ;) Haha.

I spoke of my woes. He nodded his head & prescribed Duac for me.

Photobucket

It's basically a gel which contains 5% benzoyl peroxide. I wasn't too keen on it, until the doctor told me it is different to regular over the counter Benzoyl Peroxide as it contained an anti biotic in it as well. Niiice.

He instructed me to apply a thin layer on my skin at night after cleansing. And to wear a good moisturiser during the day as the treatment will leave my skin looking and feeling dry.

I've used this for about a week now. By thursday my skin started to peel, badly. I hated the way my skin looked. Especially with foundation on. So I purchased Olay's UV Fluid for normal/Oily skin which helped an awful lot.

So after a week, what did I think of it?

This gel looks promising. I'm halfway there, my skin looks noticeably less bumpy. Yes, I still do have quite a few bumps left, but I should wait a couple of weeks till I can say whether it gets rid of most of the whiteheads. And the Olay UV Fluid has definately stopped me peeling like a snake!

I will be reporting back within the next few weeks to let you know how I get on.

Do you suffer from whiteheads? What do you use to treat them? Have you used this gel? 

 Halima
You have read this article Acne / Duac / Olay / Reviews / Skin Care with the title Whiteheads, be gone!. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2010/09/whiteheads-be-gone.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Whiteheads, be gone!"

Post a Comment