A day in the life of my hair

HiHiHi!

It is finally the weekend and boy am I glad! Plus, the temperature seems to be rising outside which is definitely making me a very happy lady indeed. Oh yes, Spring is coming. I know, some of you must be sick of me banging on about the weather time and time again, I just love warmth and sunshine!

ANYWAY. I recieved a few requests from some of you guys asking how I style my hair.

My hair: It's fine, it's not abundant, it's not sparse, it's slap bang in the middle.

I haven't visited the hairdressers in over a year, I've just been chopping my own hair. I used to pay around £50 for a haircut at Toni n Guy, my regular stylist was an absolute gem. Out of all the stylists I've had in the past, she was the only one that knew what I wanted. But £50 a time got a bit too much. So I cut my own now. Back in the day, I trained to become a stylist which is the reason my haircut doesn't look completely botched (I hope) haha! My cut has lots of short, chipped layers, shorting at the back, graduations at the front, and a side swept fringe. Fine haired ladies, you need a decent cut with lots of short layers to get that volume. No point putting volumising products in because at the end of the day, your hair would look as flat as a pancake.

My roots have a tendency to get quite oily, and dry shampoo is out of the question. Mainly because when I get out of bed, my short layers stick up like I've got a mohican. Niiice. Or not. So I wash it every day! Unless I put in up into a bun which I do around twice in a week to give the hair a break.

I shampoo my hair with Dabur's Vatika Root Strengthing Shampoo & Conditioner which I bought from my local Asian/Desi store. I don't apply conditioner to my roots. That'd just make my hair limp.

I oil my hair 3 times a week. And when I mean oil, I apply coconut oil at night, massage it into my scalp and hair, then leave it on overnight then wash it out in the morning. This has really helped strengthen my hair and found I don't get much breakage after all the abuse I've put it through! Coconut oil is super easy to wash out in my experience.

Now here's what I use to style:

Photobucket

Toni & Guy Boost it Mousse (this is a spray on mousse)

John Frieda's 3 day style

A big round brush

Hair clip (forgot to picture, woops)

Lee Stafford's My Big Fat Texturised Hair Super Spray


Photobucket

So first of all, detangle your hair with a wide tooth comb. Then spray on a bit of Toni & Guy's Boost it mousse onto your roots in random sections.

Photobucket

Try not to apply too much. You want to avoid that crisp, stiff, hard looking hair. Yuk.

Photobucket

Next up, spray on some of John Frieda's 3 Day Straight onto the mid-lengths & ends leaving out the roots. I use about 4-5 sprays.

Photobucket

Then comb through to distribute the product throughout the hair.

Photobucket

Grab a section of the hair and section it off with a sectioning clip. Always start off from the back of the head.

Photobucket

Then begin blowdrying. Always lift up the hair with the round brush from the root to create volume.

Photobucket

Now pull your hair through with the brush until this section is dry.

Photobucket

Keep sectioning off chunks of your hair and repeat the blowdrying process.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When you come up to the crown area, pay extra special attention to the roots, lift up the roots with the brush at a 90 degree angle and blast it dry. You want maximum volume.

Photobucket

Do the same with the fringe. Remember, the higher you lift the brush, the more volume you get.

Photobucket

It should look something like this after blowdrying.

Photobucket

I then straighten the ends with my Corioliss straighteners. I never touch the roots with the straightners, otherwise I'll be undoing all the volumising magic!

Photobucket

To enchance the look and make it look more texturised and shattered, I spray on a little bit of Lee Stafford's My Big Fat Hair Super Spray through random sections.

Photobucket

Then scrunch up your hair to distirubte the product roughly through your hair.

PHEW!

RESULT?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

LOVE!

As my hair is quite short, it does not take me long to do it up in the morning. It takes roughly 10 minutes. 15 at most.

How do you guys do your hair? Any other fine haired ladies with tips? Do share! :)

 Halima
You have read this article Hair / John Frieda / Lee Stafford / Toni n Guy with the title A day in the life of my hair. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2011/02/a-day-in-life-of-my-hair.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A day in the life of my hair"

Post a Comment