My City Break: Istanbul in pictures!

Hey hey!

Last week the Mr decided to take me away for a couple days to none other than Istanbul. I have been pining to go away for a while now.

When I got there, it was cold & wet. But it didn't really bother me (okay, I did moan... a bit) as there was so much to do and see :D

So anyway, I've decided that I'd like to share some of my holiday snaps with you guys. In a space of 2 days, I took around 350-400 pictures. Yes, I am most definitely snap happy. :)

Photobucket
Blue Mosque at night

Photobucket
Mmmmm.. Turkish Delight. Me & Aysh are obsessed over these!

Photobucket
Taksi!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Aaaaand strike a pose.

Photobucket
Kitty wanting a bit of Kebap action!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Grand Bazaar.

Photobucket
Some of the vintage wares in the Antique Bazzar

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Kitty thinking the boy has some food for him/her. SO cute. Wanted to take it home with me. :)

Photobucket
Inside the Blue Mosque.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Kitty!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sticking my finger in the "weeping" column. Apparently it will heal you? And if you manage to rotate 360 with your thumb inside, you will be granted one wish. I never managed to do it :(

Photobucket
Inside the Hagia Sophia. An absolute stunning view from the upper gallery.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
After a hard day of sight seeing. :)

Overall, it was a great city break. I think it's good to get away just for a weekend, it is refreshing and you don't feel quite so jet lagged.

I usually travel to the middle east or onwards. So Istanbul was different. It felt very European, but also didn't lose it's sense of arabian charm, especially with all the carpet shops, mosques, the history and strong coffee. Also, I noticed that they call their kebabs, kebaps. Which I found hilarious. Oh, it really is the little things. :)

Now that I'm back, I'm already planning my next getaway. I'm thinking Abu Dhabi for the Grand Prix in November. I'm not really into the Grand Prix, but the boy is. I'm just interested in the shopping (Yes, I'm talking about you MUFE!). So it's win win all round! :)

Have any of you guys been away lately? Planning any holidays? Do let me let me know 'cause I'm just too nosey :P
 Halima
You have read this article Istanbul / Photography / travel with the title My City Break: Istanbul in pictures!. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-city-break-istanbul-in-pictures.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My City Break: Istanbul in pictures!"

Post a Comment