Orange Lips? It's Good to Go.

Hello Hello!

As my regular readers will probably know, I love bright lipsticks! I love corals, pinks, reds and oranges... what was that? Oranges? Yes, you read that right. Orange.

My most recent lipstick related posts about Lady Danger & So Chaud were nothing in comparison to this baby: MAC's Pro Long Wear Lipcreme in 'Good To Go'.

In all honesty I purchased this a couple of months back when MAC launched their first Pro Long Wear range. At first I used to dab it into the lips for a subtle, orangey hue lip colour. I just wasn't brave enough to wear this full on, I needed to be broken into it!

So after dabbling with the Corals and the Reds, I decided the time was right to wear this orange explosion full on. And I mean straight from the actual stick.

Photobucket

Orangey goodness


PhotobucketAlign Centre

Clearly chuffed with the orange-ness..


Photobucket
The actual stick itself is not shaped like many a traditional lipstick, it can be a tad difficult to apply. My tip would be to simply slop (for want of a better word!) a load onto your lips and use a lip brush to curve it around the natural shape of your lips.

Photobucket

MAC describe this as a loudmouth orange, which is true but I would say this is a bright, vivid orange with a hint of red in it. It's quite similar to 'So Chaud' but with a stronger orange tone to it. As with all MAC lipsticks it's incredibly pigmented and totally opaque.

The first day I wore 'Good To Go' properly a friend of mine complained her eyes were hurting because of the brightness! Such a joker! Joking aside, it is bright but you won't look like your lips have been Tango'd!

The formula is super creamy, it glides effortlessly onto your lips and feels gorgeous! Once you've applied it, it does take a few minutes to dry onto the lips. Once it is fully dry you'll find it lasts a good few hours.

I tested it on a 7 hour working day and it was incredible how long it actually lasts. By the afternoon it was beginning to fade a little, but at the end of the day there is a nice stain on your lips. The only downside to the product is that it feels a bit drying on the lips during the day. It's definitely not as drying as MAC's Matte Formual lipstick though, so kudos to MAC for that!

To go with the orange lippy, I busted out some eyeshadows! I opted for Gold & a touch of black:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

EYES:

MAC Antiqued e/s
MAC Black Tied e/s
MAC Naked Lunch
Bourjois Liner Pinceau in Noir
Maybelline Black Drama Falsies mascara

What do you think of orange lips? Have you found any exciting lipsticks lately?

Hope you're all enjoying the second 4 day weekend in a row. The weather has been lush. Altough today, it has been seriously windy. Oh boo!
 Halima
You have read this article EOTD / Eyeshadows / FOTD / Lipsticks / MAC / Reviews with the title Orange Lips? It's Good to Go.. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2011/05/orange-lips-it-good-to-go.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Orange Lips? It's Good to Go."

Post a Comment