London cityyy: Round 2!

London city

We meet again

After our first tryst last summer, god, I fell in love

My heart longed to return

And so it was written in the stars

My girl Mina's birthday bash

A perfect excuse to see you again

Oh how you've changed, I could barely recognise you

Maybe it was the weather, damn that snow keeping us apart

Even so, you managed to steal my heart.

Forgive me for my mini, poetic outburst.. A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go down to London to see my girls. Even though it was bitterly cold, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I was lucky enough to do the things I wanted to do last year that time prevented me from getting around to. Perhaps it was fate though, as this time around the Hajj Exhibition was at the impressively huge British Museum.

I visited Brick Lane and it's infamous vintage shops & ethnic food stalls. Gosh, I've never seen so much fur in one place in my life! After looking at a few of the food stalls I really wanted to buy something but I got full on the freebies they gave out, ha!

Went out with my girls Aysha & Amina, we had an absolute ball. Even if we couldn't catch a taxi and waited for what seemed like hours in the snow.

Our hotel was near Canary Wharf, so it was pretty cool to see how the people that work there have everything catered for in the surrounding area. I would love to live & work there.

What I love most about London is the tolerance. Even though it seems like such a hectic place, it manages to somehow seem laid-back at the same time. The impression I got is that people are so much more open-minded than I could ever have imagined.

This year I confronted my biggest fear in London. The Tube. There's something about going underground in small, confined spaces that seriously frightens the life out of me! But it's the cheapest and easiest way to get around so I forced myself onto it. It wasn't as bad as I had feared, but give me a bus any day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Staring into the Abyss...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Joined at the head...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Food goes here...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Heiroglyphics. Lovely!


Photobucket

Not convinced this person is who they say they are...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The British Museum, through the eye of a fish...


Photobucket

Yes, I'll take 5 of each...
Photobucket

So sleeeepy


Photobucket

A nice, warm night in Canary Wharf...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tiny people near Brick Lane...


Photobucket

Photobucket

This looks perfectly normal..


Photobucket

Boobs!


Photobucket

Dr Evil's London HQ...

Photobucket

What kind of Duck has feet this big???


Photobucket

Photobucket

Isn't Aysh adorable? ;)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After such a fun filled weekend, I was knackered. And fell ill. Typical, ha!

You have read this article London / Photography / travel with the title London cityyy: Round 2!. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2012/02/london-cityyy-round-2.html. Thanks!

No comment for "London cityyy: Round 2!"

Post a Comment