OUTFIT: Eid Ul-Fitr meets Project Mermaid

Hello Hello!
 
On Saturday the new moon made it's first appearance in the night skies for 30 days, marking the end of Ramadhan and the beginning of Eid. The companions of the Prophet (saw) used to prepare and plan for Ramadhan 6 months ahead of time, and in that spirit, I bought 4 beautiful, heavily embellished, diamante encrusted with zardosi design saris whilst in India way back in December ready for Eid.

The only question left was: 'Which one will I wear?'

As you'll see below, I went for the two-tone blue and turquoise number following on with my Project Mermaid theme. I'm definitely not an expert in the fine art of putting them on, but after an hour long battle, calling on reinforcements in the form of my sister, I managed to become one with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

 Photobucket 

 Photobucket 

 Photobucket 

 Photobucket 

 Photobucket 

 Photobucket

Eid is not complete with the obligatory henna painted on the hands, arms and wrists. However time was of the essence. I nipped into a shop on Wilmslow Road, grabbed a couple of henna cones (2 for £1!), dashed home ready to apply. Usually my sister would do some freestyling on my arm, but as time was not on my side, I decided to a little freestyling of my own... With a little meaning behind it.

I've been fascinated by Wikileaks since they first came about, and with Julian Assange claiming asylum in Ecuador, it seemed appropriate to write about something I feel strongly about.

HAPPY MOMENT

Photobucket

Me and my brother. We're both completely bonkers, but I hide it better. ;)

Eid was spent with the family, continously eating and catching up. There were waaay too many desserts this year not that I'm complaining! You know it's too much when you've got tubs and tubs of chocolate dipped viennese biscuits left over. Mother, this time, you've gone too far.

On the other hand, the only thing that got thoroughly demolished was my lilttle sister's cupcakes. Can you see why?

Photobucket

LOVE

Halima
You have read this article Asian Fashion / Eid / Outfits / Project Mermaid / Sari with the title OUTFIT: Eid Ul-Fitr meets Project Mermaid. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2012/08/outfit-eid-ul-fitr-meets-project-mermaid.html. Thanks!

No comment for "OUTFIT: Eid Ul-Fitr meets Project Mermaid"

Post a Comment