EXPRESSIVE POP STREETWEAR

Credit goes to Seven New York for being the first place I ever saw Daniel Palillo‘s eponymous cult line of oversized tees and printed leggings with soft, 3-dimensional embellishments. And while I love high maintenance items like bondage corset belts and leather leggings as much as the next space cadet, nothing really beats enormous, loud “lazy day” pieces that feel like pajamas but still put your friends’ outfits to shame. Palillo, who is easier to wear than DI$COUNT and less ubiquitous than Jeremy Scott, has nailed this market.

 We’ve been seeing goofy faces and giant text on streetwear for a while now, but my inner #TEEN4LYFE approves. Obviously I’m a fan; I used Palillo’s clown face tee (below) in an editorial I styled for SuperSuper! Magazine recently, shot by Jessica Weiser with art by Seychelle OD Allah.

You have read this article with the title EXPRESSIVE POP STREETWEAR. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2012/09/expressive-pop-streetwear.html. Thanks!

No comment for "EXPRESSIVE POP STREETWEAR"

Post a Comment