NAILS: Summerland Beach, Camden Lock & A bit of Barry 'Bashing'

It feels like I haven't banged out a proper nail post for a long, long time!

The blogging world has quite rightly gone stir-crazy over the Barry M  Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints. Not only is the range of colours fantastic, but they're bright, cheap and give a super-glossy gel-like finish.

Now, me being a huuuuge Barry M fan, I had to raid Boots and pick up a few bottles. I walked out with a nice mixture including Lychee, Greenberry, Pomegranate and Blueberry. We're all amazed at the lasting power of Barry M's Original Nail Paints, but sadly I was a little disappointed with these. I painted my nails the night before a house party, only to arrive with chips all over my nails!

On one of my wanders through the city centre, I happened to drift into American Apparel. I tend not buy clothes from there as they're usually pretty basic, expensive and the colourful rainbow displays make everything look better than it actually is. A bit like during wintry nights, you have those people selling multi-colour, flashing novelties. Altogether it looks cool, but if you buy one it just looks a bit meh by itself.

I find it difficult wearing just one nail polish on a hand as I have far too many polishes, I usually add 2 or 3 colours onto the same hand. In this case, I went with the one and added some Camden Lock glitter from the Nails INC Graffiti range, it's almost like they were made for each other.

DSC_4351

 DSC_4352

 DSC_4373

 DSC_4378

 DSC_4386

 DSC_4383

American Apparel Sheer Nail Lacquer in Summerland Beach is a peachy colour with a dash of rose giving it a strawberry milkshake appearance, the formulation is quite runny, but that makes it super easy to apply in thin coats. I have to say that it's also quite sheer so I needed to apply three coats to attain this look, after the second coat the nail line was still visible, but the third covered it. It dries to a glossy, high shine finish quite similar to Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine. The big difference between these two is the longevity, while Barry M chips after a day, American Apparel was still going strong after three days (as shown in these photos!).

 DSC_4381

Nails INC Graffiti in Camden Lock is an explosion of glitter in a clear polish. The glitter comes in all different sizes, shapes and colours giving it that edgy graffiti look! I find that just one coat gives a great finish and as with the American Apparel, the longevity of this fantastic!

Back to the American Apparel Sheer Nail Polish though, I do believe this is a great alternative to Barry M's Gelly Hi-shine Nail Paints as the available colours and finish closely resemble each other. The only issue is price, Barry M is priced cheerfully at £3.99 whilst American Apparel looks a bit more daunting at £9. In my opinion though AA beats BM as while it may be 2½ times the price, it does last at least 4 times longer.

 Halima
You have read this article American Apparel / Barry M / Nails / Nails Inc / Reviews with the title NAILS: Summerland Beach, Camden Lock & A bit of Barry 'Bashing'. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2013/04/nails-summerland-beach-camden-lock-bit.html. Thanks!

No comment for "NAILS: Summerland Beach, Camden Lock & A bit of Barry 'Bashing'"

Post a Comment