OUTFIT: The Midi

 The Midi 

Never in a million years would I have thought I would be sporting a Midi dress, a skirt or anything Midi. Why?

As a petite woman, I've always been under the impression that anything that goes below the knee (other than the Maxi) can be extremely unflattering and cause you to look stumpy whereas wearing a dress or a skirt that goes above the knee creates the illusion of height.  

For us petite bombshells, it's so frustrating to walk along the highstreet at the moment at the moment. Midi skirts and dresses are hitting the shelves in their droves. We see one that catches our eye, touch it, feel it, heck even try it on (in the fitting room, not out there on the shop floor!) they're so irresistable yet so unsuitable... Or are they? ;)

It's certainly no secret but you'll need to find a midi that hits just below the knee as opposed to reaching the widest part of your calf. Also look for bodycon Midis, they seem to be very kind to our figures. I've spotted so many beautiful flared-out midis in stores, but when I try them on I look completely swamped with fabric! Annoyingly enough I've found that Topshop have this market cornered, everywhere else I looked had the bodyshape all wrong and did me no favours whatsoever.

So perhaps unsurprisingly, I purchased my midi skirt from the Topshop Petite Range which is just perfect as it's tailored for the smaller framed lady. It's a gorgeous bright green spotted bodycon skirt which hugs my curves in the right places and the length hits just below the knee. 

I paired this with my faviourite breton striped crop top which I've had for years now and threw on a black blazer. 

And VoilĂ !

DSC_4239

 DSC_4242

 DSC_4249

 DSC_4236

 DSC_4244

 DSC_4238

Breton Striped Crop Top - TOPSHOP via eBay
Green Spot Print Midi Bodycon Tube Skirt - TOPSHOP Petite
Black Structured Blazer - TOPSHOP via eBay
Lips - illamasqua Growl Lipstick

It's been two weeks since returning from Jerusalem and The West Bank, I still haven't sorted out all of my photos just yet but I will do within the next week so expect a bumper Travel Post soon!

Back to the topic of today though; how do you work the midi?

 Halima
You have read this article Blazers / Bodycon Skirt / Crop Top / illamasqua / Lipsticks / Midi / OOTD / Outfit / Outfits / Petite / Topshop with the title OUTFIT: The Midi. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2013/04/outfit-midi.html. Thanks!

No comment for "OUTFIT: The Midi"

Post a Comment