REVIEWS: L'Oreal Fiberceutic Treatment - Botox for Hair?

Hello hello! 

 Have I got a little treat for you today?

A couple of years ago I was in Toni & Guy when I noticed a service they had on offer with the tagline: "Botox for Hair". How intriguing!

At the time though, my hair was actually in pretty good condition so it didn't really strike that much of a tone with me. I filed it away at the back of my mind just in case. Fast forward to May of this year and all the bleaching I'd been doing was starting to take its toll, I dived into the deep recesses of the mind and remembered that product:

L'Oreal Fiberceutic Treatment

I did a bit of research and found that retailing prices were quite varied, anywhere from £50 - £75 for the whole set. Naturally I headed for eBay where I managed to snap it up at auction for just £30. So what did I get for my money? 15 x 15ml bottles of Hair Filling Serum, 500ml of Restorative Hair Sealing Treatment for Fine Hair and a blunt, flat syringe.


DSC_6560

 DSC_6561 

L'oreal's Fiberceutic was launched back in 2010 

This product is similar to the Keratin treatments that you can find, often an awful lot cheaper. There is one key difference though. Keratin Treatments merely sit on top of the hair as the molecules of the active ingredient are just too large to penetrate, whereas Fiberceutic has something called 'Intra-Cyclane' molecules. These molecules are smaller and have the ability to penetrate into hair, which enables it to temporarily fill in the gaps and bulk up the hair with long lasting results.

So if you have weak, distressed and/or battered hair from the harshness of heat appliances, colouring or bleaching, this product is aimed at you.

Just a little background on my hair: it's fine, weak but abundant and damaged from repeated bleaching. I bleached my ends last year for my Turquoise Ombre, then a couple of months back for my Indigo, then twice again for my all over Turquoise. So you can probably imagine the extensive damage that's been done! My hair lacks shine and softness & feels rough to touch. What I will say though is that my occasional Protein treatments by Aphogee are strengthening it. However the Aphogee can't restore the softness, sleekness and shine that I desire.

USAGE:

 DSC_6570 

As this was a totally new product to me, I thought it best to follow the instruction provided to the letter. To be honest though, it isn't all that difficult to use.

To begin with, I shampooed my hair and towel dried it to the point where the hair was no longer soaking wet. I stuck the syringe into the Hair Filling Serum bottle, sucked it up and applied directly onto my roots, midlength and ends. Each little bottle contains three syringes full, which for my fine, mid-length hair is sufficient.

The serum itself is quite runny but at the same is also a little sticky, and it's surprisingly easy to spread all over the hair. Once applied, I massaged my scalp and hair to ensure even coverage.

 DSC_6587 

The next step is to apply the Resotrative Hair Sealing Treatment which is practically a conditioner. I pumped out the conditioner, applied all over, popped on a shower cap and left it on for about 15 minutes. I was a little naughty and deviated from the instructions here, they said to leave on for just 5 minutes but the rebel within me thought the heat from the shower cap would help the treatment to penetrate the hair. Once the 15 minutes were up, I gave my hair a good rinse.

Easy!

RESULTS

Immediately after rinsing, my hair didn't feel any different at all. That changed though when I began to blowdry. I was 'blown' away by the smoothnes of my hair. It felt so much softer and was super glossy! What with all the recent bleaching, it was unusual for my hair to feel in such good condition. What struck me most was the drastic reduction in hair breakage during the drying process, usually I get loads but not this time!

Once I'd finished drying my hair looked bulky, each strand looked like it was plumped up. Overall my hair felt bouncy and silky, it also had the "Swish" effect! It just looked healthy. And it wasn't just me that noticed this, a couple of friends asked if I'd had my hair done at the salon as it looked super sleek and glossy!
DSC_6753
Swisshing!
L'Oreal claims that each treatment lasts up to 10 washes and in order to prolong the results, it's best to use the Restorative Sealing Treatment in between full treatments. For me, this only lasted 5-6 washes even with the Restorative Sealing Treatment. I can't be too critical of L'Oreal though, I do have incredibly porous hair!

Would I recommend this? 
   
Without a shadow of a doubt, I would absolutely recommend this. If bought at full price it can be a touch expensive, however if you are at your wits end with hair breakage and you yearn for smoother, shinier hair again this could be right up your street. For fine-haired ladies that long for bulky, plumped up, bouncy hair Fiberceutic really does live up to it's claim:

"Botox for Hair."

 Halima
You have read this article Hair Care / L'oreal Professional / L'oreal Serie Expert / Reviews with the title REVIEWS: L'Oreal Fiberceutic Treatment - Botox for Hair? . You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2013/07/reviews-l-fiberceutic-treatment-botox.html. Thanks!

No comment for "REVIEWS: L'Oreal Fiberceutic Treatment - Botox for Hair? "

Post a Comment