OUTFITS: Modern Geisha

DSC_9433

Guess who's back with another outfit post! Not only is it another outfit post, it's another Kimono! You might well be thinking I'm stuck in a silky, kimono-cut rut, but I just can't get enough of my gorgeous kimonos, so sue me! ;)

To be fair though the kimonos in my collection are all very different to each other, each one with its own unique, gorgeous print. A prime exanple is the one featured today. I purchased it recently from H&M of all places, it stood out for two very obvious reasons: it's bright purple and it's so long. I scoured the rack desperately looking for my size and let out a squeal when I found it. I just needed to buy this because I have nothing else like it, my wardrobe is completely devoid of anything purple.

Once you get past that bright purple and pink print, you'll realise why this isn't quite like the other kimonos I've been wearing recently, this one goes all the way down to the ankles. So instead of using it as the jacket to an outfit, I've used this one as the dress, the main event. With it's bold print, chiffon fabric instead of the traditional silk, and the gold studded belt I wrapped around it, it feels to me a bit like a modern-day twist on the Geisha.

DSC_9439 

 DSC_9435 

 DSC_9416 

 DSC_9437 

Full Length Kimono - H&M
Gold Studded Skinny Belt - Gift
Black Lexi Jersey Midi Skirt - Boohoo
J Crew Crystal Cluster Necklace Replica - Secret Statement

I've been lusting after those really expensive J Crew Necklaces for quite a while now, but why shell out all that cash when you can achieve a similar effect for a fraction of the price? Well, I stumbled upon Secret Statement on Instagram not so long ago and they do an awesome replica/dupe of the infamous Crystal Cluster Necklace for just £10. Now that's a statement, and it's within a normal person's price range! Have a little peek here: LINK!

Hope you're all having a fun-filled weekend, my voice has withered away into a frog-like croak which for someone who loves to talk like I do is annoying! On the plus side, I'm snuggled up in bed midway through a Harry Potter marathon!

So until next time, Expelliarmus!

 Halima
You have read this article H and M / Jewellery / Kimonos / OOTD / Outfits with the title OUTFITS: Modern Geisha. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2013/09/outfits-modern-geisha.html. Thanks!

No comment for "OUTFITS: Modern Geisha"

Post a Comment