REVIEW - Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara

So a few weeks ago I walked into Boots and purchased Max Factor's false lash effect mascara as my CoverGirl Lash Blast finished. And seeing as it was on offer from £10.99 to £7.99. Bargain-licious

I have been quite good with mascaras lately. At one point I had about 12 mascaras in storage and it drove me crazy that I had that many. In the mornings I really couldn't decide which one to use, kinda like when you're not sure what clothes to wear. Now I only own a grand total of ONE mascara. Woo! Go me. :)

CoverGirl Lash Blast has been compared to Max Factor's False Lash Effect and I totally agree with the comparison. They both have huge, thick tubes, a big mother brush and a clean, crisp formula.


Check out the brush! Big, fat, with lots of small fine comb things.

Before

After 2 coatsI loves it. It lengthens & thickens the lashes. It doesn't flake like Maybelline mascaras have a habit of doing. Great pigmentation, dries quickly, yadda yadda yadda.

But..

Yes, there's a but. The only thing that bugs me is the brush, don't get me wrong, I do love how the brush grasps each and every lash and coats it nicely but it's impossible to reach the inner corner lashes without getting a blob of mascara on my eyelid. Obviously this is due to my tiny lashes on the inner corner and the shape of the brush, maybe if it was tapered slightly more in then the brush would be perfect.

Also, after a good month, the formula of the mascara seems to have dried up a tad. It is still usuable but my lashes don't look as good as they did in the first few weeks of use. I guess the plus side is that even though it's dried up a bit, it still doesn't flake - Yay!

So the question is; Would I buy it again? Yes, but only when it's on offer. £10.99 is pretty expensive for a drugstore mascara. Don't you think?


Have you bought this mascara? What are your thoughts on it? And have you found your HG mascara?

 Halima
You have read this article Mascara / Max Factor / Reviews with the title REVIEW - Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2010/07/review-max-factor-false-lash-effect.html. Thanks!

No comment for "REVIEW - Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara"

Post a Comment