TRAVEL: Delhi in pictures


On the way back home from the truly wonderful Nepal I thought it would be mad not to stop off at my spiritual home, New Delhi, for a few days. I hadn't been for just over 18 months, but it felt like an eternity!

Getting off the plane and walking along the suspended pathway to the terminal, smelling the afternoon air in New Delhi brought back so many happy memories! We visited a couple of our favourite places: the near-perfect symmetry of Humayyun's Tomb, the wide-open expanses at Rajpath, the epic Jama Masjid in Old Delhi and of course the ever-lasting red walls of Lal Qila.

True enough, I couldn't visit New Delhi without doing some serious shopping! Whenever I go, I always stock up on beauty products! The quality is excellent and the prices unreal! So Connaught Place and Karol Bagh market were visited numerous times.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Marble Mughal art

Photobucket

Photobucket

Humayun's Tomb. it is believed the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan took inspiration from this for the Taj Mahal

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Red Fort

Photobucket

Photobucket

The India Gate

Photobucket

Fake MAC nail polishes. I bought like 10 of these, 10 rupees each! :)

Photobucket

Indian Vogue <3

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this, a selling tactic for Waterproof watches, in a pool of water, amazing!

Photobucket

It may only have been a short stay but we managed to fit in quite a bit! Now I'm longing to go back again, this time for longer ;)

Hope you all had a lovely few days off. And happy new year! At midnight there I was lighting a pack of 10 flying lanterns and not one of them launched. FAIL.

I'm still thinking about what my new years resolution could be, something that's realistic. Have you dolls made any yet?

 Halima
You have read this article Delhi / India / New Delhi / Photography / travel with the title TRAVEL: Delhi in pictures. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2012/01/travel-delhi-in-pictures.html. Thanks!

No comment for "TRAVEL: Delhi in pictures"

Post a Comment