Stuck in a smoked out rut..

Hello, dolls!

After another short break from the blog, I'm back and more determined than ever to get posting more regularly!

I like to think that, when it comes to make-up, I push boundaries and try new things all of the time. What I think happens and what actually happens are two very different things though.

I'm a girl that likes my sleep, I need my eight hours... minimum! So every morning I need to wake up as late as possible to make sure I get it. I have a little 'schedule' in my head and that schedule allows for 10-15 minutes to apply make-up.

How much room for experimenting is there in that space of time? Not a lot. So I fall into the trap of reaching for whatever is nearest and end up sporting the same look, with minor tweaks, day in day out.

The routine only changes if I get time in the evenings or weekends to tidy up the ol' dressing table. Morning make-up for me is a bit like a production line, making the same stuff over and over again until I buy something new.

One such look I seem to be churning out every morning lately involves smoking out my eyes, it's just so easy and requires zero thinking! Perhaps it's just a little too easy.

Photobucket

FACE

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - Barcelona (Equivalent to MAC NC37 - NC40)
MEMEME Blush Me! - Coral
MAC Lightscapade Mineralize Skinfinish

Photobucket

Photobucket

EYES

Inglot Eye Make Up Base
Inglot E/S 458 /Lid/
Inglot E/S 63 /Crease/
Inglot 463 /Inner Corner/
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner - Black Ink
1 coat of L'oreal's Voluminous Carbon Mascara
Stila Kajal eyeliner - Topaz /Waterline/ (clearly worn off :)

LIPS

A dab of MAC's Ruby Woo :)

You may have noticed excessive usage of Inglot products, but in my defence there's no Inglot store in Manchester. When I came across it in Dubai I went a little crazy. What's a girl to do?! ;)

The Inglot Eye Base is an integral part of the production line every morning, the only problem is it is the worst eye base I have ever had the misfortune of using. The eyeshadow creases like a bitch and the formula feels a bit like extra virgin olive oil... but it's there so on it goes.

As for the eyeshadows. One word - LOVELOVELOVE.

Photobucket

The ultimate smoky kit - in case you don't know Inglot, you choose your eyeshadows, they stick them into palettes. In my case, I wanted to create a smoky kit, et voilĂ !

Photobucket

Left to right: Inglot eyeshadow 463, 458, 63

The star of the show has to be the highlighter. It's a vintage champagne coloured eye shadow with a delicate touch of shimmer to it. It works fantastically on the inner corners and the brow bone.

Photobucket

Suck it in! :)

Since returning from my travels my skin has been looking a lot clearer, it could have something to do with my newly discovered fondness of Green Tea and my freshly re-discovered appreciation of tap water, I just can't drink enough of the stuff!

I've also incorporated a toner into my skin care regime that I picked up in India by Ayur. My skin feels super clean and fresh every time I swipe it across. You can really feel it getting to work straight away!

Does anyone else need to shake things up in the morning? I hear two-tone lips are on vogue this year, not sure how I can squeeze this into my 15 minute slot..

You have read this article Bobbi Brown / Eyeshadow / FOTD / Foundations / Inglot / MAC / NARS / Reviews with the title Stuck in a smoked out rut... You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2012/01/stuck-in-smoked-out-rut.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Stuck in a smoked out rut.."

Post a Comment