OUTFIT: I Like Short Shorts


If you managed to catch my last outfit of the day you'll already know exactly how much I love velvet, but it's no one-off, oh no. I own a fair few velvet pieces and this pair of burgundy short shorts is amongst my favourites. I could type a big long essay about why but really, just look at the photos and you'll see why!

I know that the short shorts trend has been doing the rounds for a while now, but I was pretty late to jump on to that bandwagon. When I saw these beauties, I just knew it was time to broaden my horizons. No mean feat considering bodycon skirts have been a staple of my wardrobe for the past few years. In a way the shorts aren't so different to the bodycons, both are ridiculously easy to style!

Why was I so late on to the shorts? Well I did try to get into them when they first hit the scene, but I felt like they made my legs look a bit chunky and I dismissed them pretty quickly. But over the past year or so I've toned up and lost a little bit of excess weight, and now they look über flattering!

DSC_2353 


DSC_2354

 DSC_2357 

Grey oversized speckle top - TOPSHOP (old)
Burgundy high waisted velvet shorts - TOPSHOP (old)
Lipstick - MAC Such Flare (Glitter & Ice Collection 2011)

DSC_2360

Prayer beads

Thee necklace technically isn't a necklace, it's a set of prayer beads brought back by my brother from Hajj. I thought they looked too pretty to keep locked away in my flat in a drawer for most of the day, so I started wearing them as a necklace. I even whip them out while on public transport to do my tasbeeh. Now that's functional fashion! ;)

You have read this article Bindi / Hair / Jewellery / necklace / Ombre / OOTD / Outfits / Shorts / Topshop / Velvet with the title OUTFIT: I Like Short Shorts. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2013/02/outfit-i-like-short-shorts.html. Thanks!

No comment for "OUTFIT: I Like Short Shorts"

Post a Comment