REVIEWS: The Dolly Eye 14.5mm Circle Lenses in Turquoise

DSC_5872

 Not so long ago I mentioned in a post that I'd love to give Circle Lenses a try. Luckily for me I was contacted by the guys over at ISZO Circle Lenses who offered me the chance to do just that! They let me choose from their range of 396 (yes, three hundred and ninety six!) different designs.

COLOUR

Obviously I picked Turquoise, my favourite colour, EVAR! But choosing the colour wasn't that straightforward, as they have all sorts of different styles too. I eventually went for the Gothic 3-tones, as you can see from the close-up above they consist of two rings of turquoise, one light and one darker, sandwiched between a light brown inner ring and a dark brown outer ring. The diameter of 14.5mm means that generally they are slightly bigger than the Iris (the coloured part of the eye), hello bright eyes!

 DSC_5751 

 DSC_5753

They arrived in a dinky little bottle with solution inside. You need to twist the white bit at the top which will allow you to pull out the metal and then the rubber cap.

 DSC_5773

 DSC_5783

Also ISZO provided me with a luminous yellow lense case, this comes free with every order and you can pick which colour and design you want. The contacts are available in prescription too for no extra charge, this is a huge plus point for me!

APPLICATION

Actually popping the lenses into your eyes is easy really, no different to any other contacts. If you've never worn contacts before it can be a bit tricky at first but you will pick it up after a few days! I found that these ones were a little dry, so I squirted some solution on to them for lubrication and they went in no problem. 

COMFORT

As far as comfort goes, all contacts feel a bit weird in the eyes to begin with but if you've worn them (coloured or otherwise) as long as I have they feel much less alien and almost as if they're not there. My eyes are quite moist and runny like a leaking tap and I tear quite often, so for those folks with dryer eyes I've no idea how they'd feel!

I was quite sceptical about trying out circle lenses for a while after reading of the potential dangers on the BBC a few years back. Because these lenses extend beyond the iris and cover a bit of the sclera (the white of your eyes) therefore enlarging your eyes. If you do feel any sort of discomfort, it's best to take them out immediately. These lenses are approved by the KFDA (Korean Food & Drug Adminstration) which gives me some form of comfort and trust.

In any case, I always carry a small bottle of solution and the lense case with me just in case. Haven't had any issues just yet, but it's better to be safe than sorry. 
  
 DSC_5868

 DSC_5910

 DSC_5930

APPEARANCE

These lenses look quite subtle on me, possibly the most natural looking coloured contacts I've ever tried. I think this is probably because of the clever design, the variation in the colours makes them look much less plastic and false. Because these lenses are larger than the average coloured lens, my eyes look bigger than normal, definitely living up to it's Dolly Eyed title!

Coloured contacts will never look completely natural due to the pupils, they dilate and constrict constantly throughout the day. The lenses though will always cover that unfortunately and your pupils appear to be the exact same size all day, leading to one of my friends saying my eyes looked 'emotionless'! If only someone could invent some revolutionary coloured contacts that shapeshifted along with your pupils?! New invention idea right there!


It doesn't apear as a true turquoise on my eyes, but that's probably just down to my dark brown eyes beneath them, it does look like a mixture of green and blue weighted heavier on the green side.

These particular lenses can be purchased from the ISZO website for $22 dollars (approx £14.50) and they provide free worldwide shipping! The only downside though is that solution does not come with it, however you can purchase this on the cheap at any half-decent opticians!

 Halima
You have read this article Circle Lenses / EOTD / Eye Make Up / FOTD / Reviews with the title REVIEWS: The Dolly Eye 14.5mm Circle Lenses in Turquoise . You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2013/06/reviews-dolly-eye-145mm-circle-lenses.html. Thanks!

No comment for "REVIEWS: The Dolly Eye 14.5mm Circle Lenses in Turquoise "

Post a Comment