OUTFITS: Summery Silk Kimono and... Yep: Another Dip Hem!

Hi Hi Hi! 

 This post comes with a slight health warning up-front. If you're sick of the sight of me sporting dip hems, hi-low dresses and skirts, I suggest you look away now!
 ...
Okay, so thanks for not looking away yet! This will probably be my last post on these... Okay I lie, I bought another one from Forever21 a week ago that I'm dying to show you, but that's it! Unsurprisingly the Hi Low dress in this post is also from Forever21. They have really got it going on right now, every week they have exciting new stuff in abundance, their stock rotation must be crazy high!

I picked up this pretty standard black dress with buttons running down the front and gold-tipped collar that give the illusion of a blouse. The gold tips really made this stand out for me, I mean it's pretty enough as it is but those tips had a hissy fit in the store demanding that I buy this dress. I much prefer the cut of the collar on this to those 'Peter Pan' collars that have been doing the rounds for years. Why won't they just grow up and fly away?

Anyway, I paired my freshly-bought dress with this beautiful blue silk kimono. For some reason this baby has never made it on to the blog before, which is almost criminal on my part as I actually purchased it just before going away to Dubai in 2011. It's been a staple in my wardrobe ever since, I find that draping myself in black brings my mood down a little so throwing this on over the top gives dark outfits a burst of life and colour. Most importantly, it makes me feel like *ME* again! :)

DSC_7455 

 DSC_7360 

 DSC_7435 

 DSC_7452 

 DSC_7382 

 DSC_7432 

 DSC_7425 DSC_7359  

Gold Tipped Collar High Lo Dress - Forever21 (this season)
Blue Silk Floral Kimono - Miss Selfridge (OLD)
Gold Studded Skinny Belt - Gift
Black Wraparound Diamante Bracelet - Forever21 (this season)
Gold Leopard Headed Bracelet - Forever21 (this season)
Gold Emerald Necklace - Personal Palace (LINK) 


The emerald looking necklace you see in the photos was purchased from Instagram of all places. I came across a boutique on there called Personal Palace and managed to bag this for under £15. It's pretty sleek looking and has been absolutely dazzling in all the recent sun we've had. It dazzles so much, the light bouncing off of it has driven my kittens up the wall - literally!

For those of you fasting, I hope it's going well for you so far! My headaches haven't quite subsided yet, it must be the body craving its caffeine fix. *shakes like a junkie* 
 Halima
You have read this article Accessories / Belts / Dip Hem / Dresses / Forever21 / Jewellery / Kimonos / Miss Selfridge / OOTD / Outfits / WIWT with the title OUTFITS: Summery Silk Kimono and... Yep: Another Dip Hem!. You can bookmark this page URL http://clothingfashion2012.blogspot.com/2013/07/outfits-summery-silk-kimono-and-yep.html. Thanks!

No comment for "OUTFITS: Summery Silk Kimono and... Yep: Another Dip Hem!"

Post a Comment